Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Chewy Caramel Bars

These are pretty good as well, but I'm not so sure I will exactly follow the recipe next time. I didn't seem to have enough batter (maybe put down too much for the crust?), and it was pretty thick. I may try adding a bit more evaporated milk next time.



1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 butter, melted
36 Rolo candies, halved

Combine the cake mix, milk, nuts and butter in large bowl. Spread half into greased 13in x 9in baking pan.

Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes or until set.

Place candies, cut side down, over crust; top with remaining cake mixture.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.

Cool on wire rack, cut into bars.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  10:18 AM  

Did you get this recipe from Simple and Delicious? My best friend made this for our picnic last week, and they were very good. Our nephews LOVED them, and ate them all up...but they are teenagers too! By the way, loves the boobs in the below picture, my favorite part of pregnancy and nursing too:) Love the picture of my parents also. Thanks.