Vacation (5)
The lake was COLD, but that, along with the ever-looming threat of bleaches, did not stop Ella from playing in the water.
She kept asking, "Mommy, are you sure there aren't any bleaches in here?" I'm pretty sure she meant leeches, but it is one of those words that is too cute to correct. Someday I might tell her. Or, I'll just send her off to college believing that bleaches live in the water and suck your blood.
ps. She has heard several leech stories from us sitting around the camp fire at great-grandma's. We used to get them in between our toes from playing in the crick. Afterward, we would all sit on a bench and dad would check our toes.
pps. Yes, we call it a crick, even though the "proper" (rolling eyes) term is creek. When Uncle Brian first visited Craig in PA, he couldn't get over this... kept telling us that a crick is something you get in your neck. But we have a sign. Which makes it official.
ppps. I think we used salt and/or a flame to remove the leeches. Either way, it wasn't exactly a desirable situation.
0 comments:
Post a Comment