Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of Second Grade!

Look at our big girl!

She was soooo anxious for everyone to get to the bus stop (which is directly in front of our house).

Her back pack, completely empty.


Someone named mister had to get in on the action. He kept asking where the bus was at. And, as predicted, when it came he cried and cried. He's been on a field trip on the church bus before and I think he wanted to get on. Or maybe he was just sad because sissy was leaving. Or maybe he is reminiscing about how they are growing up so fast. He's a deep thinker, that boy boy.




I love this picture of my girl and I. Both with our fresh hair cuts (I got mine highlighted in an effort to look more like her).

Her BFF Rachel.

Hooray for school!!!


ps. She gets her blonde hair from me. My hair was even more blonde than hers when I was little. So I just get it highlighted to maintain some sense of normalcy.

pps. My hair got significantly darker after each pregnancy. Why? Is there a scientist out there that can explain this to me? It's bad enough that they made me soft around the middle, but why attack my hair follicles? Seems cruel.

ppps. I also acquired more freckles/moles after each pregnancy. Why? Is there a dermatologist out there that can explain this to me? It's bad enough that nursing resulted in tissue loss, but why attack my epidermis? Seems cruel.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  12:22 PM  

Love it aunt heather!