Monday, November 12, 2007

Wedding Season

Craig and I shot our last wedding of the season this past weekend and it was fabulous. You can see the images on my wedding blog. I asked Joanne to shoot this of us with all of our gear.


I'll be honest, it was a difficult year for me. I was concerned about my ability to consistently deliver the amazing images my clients deserve. Thankfully, with the support of my magnificent husband, my parents, and Joanne; I was able to not only deliver fabulous images, but take my business to the next level. I could not have done it without them and I truly appreciate their selflessness.

I feel an enormous sense of relief to have this wedding season behind me and I am thankful that I didn't suffer any complications, wasn't put on bedrest, etc.

I think there is this perception that because I work from home and only shoot on Saturday's, that I have it easy. Not the case. I have worked my ass of this year, and when you have your own business, there is way more to it than most people can even fathom. I am certain that I put in many more hours than any 9-5 office job. I am a photographer, designer, web developer, business manager, strategic planner, secretary, courier, accountant, client relations manager, marketer, etc.

I give 150% to my clients because they deserve it, but I have also managed to run myself into the ground. What I have accomplished this year in terms of my business is nothing short of a miracle considering my condition and the physical nature of my job. I believe that it is because of the grace of God that I survived.

That being said, please don't ask me for anything. LOL The time has come for me to put my feet up and take care of myself.

0 comments: