Thursday, August 06, 2009

Living Treasures Animal Park

We finally had a chance to take the kids (and the grandparents) to Living Treasures a few weeks ago. We really enjoy it there and try to make it a few times in the summer. New this year is a horse and wagon ride, which is how we happened upon this fella. Mister was pointing and laughing until he decided to charge the wagon. Then he started screaming, "UH NO UH NO UH NO!!"

He took some food from grandma....

then ran over to the ducks...


and tossed some food over the fence. It was so cute.


I love the way he stands on his tippy toes.


Ella loves feeding the animals as well.







"Wait, come back! I have more food for you!"

Doesn't Ma look pretty?

I think he was signing all done to the goat. Something made me think that this particular goat doesn't know sign language.



Notice the chubby baby arm in the lower right of the frame. He was asking daddy, "wuts dat?"

It took some convincing, but Ella finally decided that she could feed the llama with her bare hands.



Mister says, "ohhhhh, rrrrwwwrrrr."

For some reason the prairie dogs really made him chuckle.



Has to be just like his big sissy.




Living Treasures also added a small aviary this year, it was nice.


An albino kangaroo. I made the mistake of telling mister that a kangaroo goes hop hop. Because what he heard was, "pop pop," which is what he calls lollipops. So the rest of the afternoon he kept saying, "pop, pop."




It was a really nice day and it was fun watching him interact with all of the animals for the first time. We really need to go back again soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  6:50 AM  

Looks like a cool place. I can honestly say that I have never been there, which is strange since it is so close. Everyone looks fantastic. Hope all is well! Maria