Special Day
Evan was baptized on Sunday, look at him all dressed up for churchie! Ella was so excited for him to get bath-a-tized (again, too cute to correct).
This was a really special day for us, for many reasons, but the image below is nothing short of a miracle. From left: Rachael, her daughter Riley, Jimmy, myself, Rickie, Mike and Ella in front. Jimmy and Rickie are two of Donnie's closest friends and it's not very often (ever) that you see them in church. Along with my brother Mike, we believe the last time they were in church was at Donnie's funeral. As Jimmy would say... you don't usually use the word Jimmy and church in the same sentence. LOL
Jimmy and Donnie were inseparable for most of their lives and I know that Donnie's death impacted Jimmy as much as it impacted us. I remember him looking off in the distance one day, telling me... I only had one best friend, one best friend, one best friend. It is important to me that both Ella and Evan know Jimmy because he's the closest thing they will get to Uncle Donnie. Nothing made me more proud than seeing a church pew full of hoopies supporting Craig and I. Truly a once in a lifetime experience.
We wanted to get a big family picture, but for some reason Ella ran off to play... as that is obviously more important.
We love this little boy, he is so special!
Pastor Rich was kind enough to conduct the ceremony for us, I am still waiting for the video from dad.
1 comments:
Congrats on Evan's baptism and having so many non church-going friends come for it. It sounds like it truly was a blessing.
Post a Comment