Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I hate birds.

Ok, hate is a pretty strong word, allow me to rephrase. I currently really dislike birds. I took this picture last week during my photography class at CCBC. This cute, fuzzy little baby had fallen from his nest during a storm. I wanted to hold and snuggle him and tell him that it would be ok because his momma would find him soon. But I didn't because if I got my "smell" on him, his mother might abandon him. What kind of mother abandons her babies because of smell? My baby doesn't always smell that great, but I still take care of him.


Anyway, that's not even the reason that I currently really dislike birds. For two mornings in a row, boy boy has woken at 4:30am for a bottle. I drag my weary body out of bed to go feed him and upon returning to bed at 4:50, exhausted because this isn't the first time he's woken up, I just lay my head on the pillow and start to fall asleep when I hear it....

chirp

chirp chirp

chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp

Why do they feel the need to tell everyone and everything that the sun is starting to rise? WHY?? Are they talking? And if so, what are they saying? "Hey Leroy, it's time to wake up, gots to find me some worms today."

And do all birds speak the same language or do they have different dialects per breed? Is that why there is so much chirping? Otherwise they are all just talking over one another which is rude.

So about 45 minutes later, once the chirping slows down, I'm still awake because these are the questions I ponder. Somebody. Help. Me.

0 comments: