Apple Crumble
If you follow me on Twitter, you may have read that our friend Alice received news that her liver cancer is worse than initially thought. I am saddened beyond words for this wonderful family and am diligently praying for her healing. I feel like I should do something, but sending a card seems so inadequate. Any suggestions?
In honor of Alice, who is the most amazing cook ever, I am posting this new recipe that I tried over the weekend. (And please don't suggest that I bake something for her, I am way too intimidated to do that).
Click here to view the recipe on Kraft's website (I love the Food and Family Magazine). The recipe actually calls for two apples and one pear, but I used four apples instead. Two Granny Smith and two Braeburn. The result was heavenly, the cream cheese and Nilla wafers sealed the deal. I also made fresh whipped cream as an accompaniment (heavy cream mixed with sugar and a touch of vanilla for warmth). Enjoy!
1 comments:
A card is not inadequate! When my Grandpa was diagonsed with multiple mylenoma (a bone cancer) several years ago, he recevied over 200 cards--and loved every one of them. I strung yarn around his living room and hung every single one up. Why don't you give her one of your beautiful photographs as well?
Post a Comment