Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monkey Bread

I have adapted this recipe from other recipes over the years, it is so easy to make and everyone loves it! I typically prep the biscuits the night before and make the sauce in the morning. We also usually make eggs with this breakfast to help balance out the carbs.

2 Cans Flaky Layer Biscuits (10 biscuits per can, I use Pillsbury Golden Layers)
Cinnamon and sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
Pecans (optional)

Mix cinnamon and sugar to desired taste and set aside.

Cut biscuits into quarters.

Roll biscuit quarters in cinnamon/sugar mixture and place (squish) in greased 8x8 baking dish.

Heat brown sugar and butter in saucepan over medium heat until mixture starts to boil and appears to increase in volume.

Pour mixture over biscuits, sprinkle with pecans and bake for 30-45 minutes at 350.


I double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan when making a batch for more people. We usually have more than enough for our family with the smaller batch.

1 comments:

mom of 4 boys! 8:22 AM  

Heather, have you ever tried using Rhodes rolls? Just wondering....My kids would love this recipe! Gonna try it....
J