Tuesday, October 07, 2008

BYOP '08

Our 10th annual BYOP was a blast!! Can't you tell by the expression on boy boy's face? LOL He did not want his picture taken at the time and his eyes were filled with tears.


The infamous BYOP water. After cleaning up a million water bottles last year with barely a sip taken from them, we decided to buy small bottles.

Our adult beverage choices this year included Yuenglink Lager and Woodchuck Cider. The cider was very popular.

This was my best effort to disguise the ugly refrigerator that my dad turned into a beer meister.



Doesn't mom look pretty? I like her hair in the headband and she's been experimenting more with make-up (much to my delight!). She had the hardest job of the day... taking care of boy boy. Oh and, she was the ONLY person with BYOP gear from Cafe Press.


Ella and her friends.

This is her BFF, Rachel. I thought we were BFF's, but whatever.


The signature pumpkin! I'm so thankful that I had decorated it prior to falling ill. I was going to decorate another one with save the date information, but I didn't have the time. I'm thinking that next year we might have a 'signature pumpkin' contest. hmmm

The voting area.

I love these soda cans from Target. One of them was actually flavored like candy corn. Yuck.

Look how tall our girl is getting! Boy boy was taking a nap.


My friend Rachel and our boys. They are going to be BFF's when they get bigger, they just don't know it yet. LOL


We had a TON of kids this year, they really get into the decorating and carving.

Course so do the adults. Brian had a title to defend, after all (his family carved the hamburger pumpkin last year that one a medal).

Look at John Patrick! So cute!

Drew was attacking his pumpkin with the drill.

Time to vote! Can't complain if you don't vote!


Everyone was encouraged to vote.

Here are the winners, Kennedy won in the pattern category, Savannah in the non-carved category and Brooks in the freehand category. It is slight suspicious that Kennedy was in charge of making sure that everyone voted AND tallying the votes. I think that next year we will need to hire an independent auditor.


Speaking of next year, BYOP will be Saturday, October 3, 2009. Mark your calendars!

0 comments: