Service Creek Cemetery
Took a trip to the cemetery for a family session last week (those images to follow), but I wanted to share the beautiful fall colors.
Ella came with me and just before I started shooting, she announced, "I'm gonna walk up the hill and find Uncle Donnie." It's been a few years (maybe three?) since we took her there and explained death, burial, etc. I don't know how she remembered where he was, but she told me that she sounded out his name to find him. Awwwww. She took this picture.
This is the image she captured from her position above.
This cemetery is so beautiful, so peaceful and I enjoy the time I've spent there. Did you know that we buried Donnie with his fishing pole? The cemetery is located on a reservoir where fishing is prohibited, but that small detail never stopped Donnie from fishing there. And of course he got caught and fined, but that didn't stop him either. A few weeks after his death, the constable came knocking on our door to serve him for not paying his fines. I chuckled and told him that he wasn't home, but that he could find him at the reservoir, and that's all I said.
2 comments:
Little Miss Ella is becoming quite the photographer. Tell her we'll book her for Leah's wedding. ;)
Fall is still at the top of my list for seasons. I love the colors. Sweet & kinda neat how Ella went to find Uncle Donnie's spot & took a picture. Also LOVE the photo she captured while laying on the ground. Just like Mom! She's got some great teachers.
Post a Comment