iPhone vs Blackberry
I currently have an iPhone and I love the phone, but cannot tolerate AT&T service (for instance, the coverage at our house is horrible) . Unfortunately, when I purchased my iPhone a year ago, there really wasn't another phone that could compete with the touchscreen capabilities.
I was really excited when I heard about the Blackberry Storm because it has a touchscreen and Verizon.
I miss Verizon. I miss being able to actually use my phone as a phone.
The Storm will be available in stores tomorrow, but I was invited to a pre-sales event at our local Verizon store and had the chance to play with one.
Unfortunately, I feel underwhelmed. I wanted to LOVE the phone. I wanted to drop AT&T like a bad habit and ride off into the sunset with my new Storm.
It's hard to describe, but it feels clunky next to the iPhone. It's a bit smaller, but has more depth and is heavier. The touch screen requires a press and a click, rather than just a press (they refer to it as clickthrough). Which addresses the tactile feedback that some users require.
The zoom on the camera, along with a flash, were pretty cool. The clarity of video was amazing. The fact that you can switch from the Blackberry keyboard (portrait mode) to a full qwerty keyboard (landscape mode) was also cool.
Battery life is longer and it has an expandable MicroSD slot, which is very useful. And it has copy/paste, which I would love.
If you are using a Blackberry, then you will love the Storm. But I'm not convinced that I am ready to give up the slickness my iPhone, in spite of the network issues. ARGHH
1 comments:
Great info Heather, I am a Blackberry addict all the way, so I am planning on getting a Storm this weekend, I will let you know how it goes...
BTW: I LOVE your blog ! Awesome pics too !
Post a Comment