Oreo Truffles Redux
Ella and I were in Walmart the other day when she spotted these Oreo Cookies. I immediately thought of my Oreo Truffle recipe that I posted last year.
I had to modify the recipe slightly because the limited edition Oreo's only come in a smaller package.
1 pkg. (12 oz.) OREO Old Fashioned Candy Cane Cookies
1/2 pkg. (4 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
2-3 Candy Canes, crushed
CRUSH the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
DIP balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with crushed candy canes (I use two plastic bags and a mallet to crush the candy canes).
REFRIGERATE until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
Oh my, dare I say that these are even better than the original? I've tried a few iterations of this recipe (used strawberry milkshake Oreo's once), but this one is a winner and will definitely make it into my cookie rotation this year.
Little insisted that she get her picture taken as well. She is ALWAYS in on the action.
4 comments:
Wow. These sound and look yummy! Gotta give them a try.
oh I may have to add these to my list. Easy and no bake, my favorite kind :)
I <3 Little. :) Those truffles look fantastic! Have you ever tried cake balls? Same concept, but with crumbled cake (red velvet is great) mixed with cream cheese icing, then rolled into balls and covered in chocolate. HEAVENLY!!
I love Little. So PRETTY!!
Post a Comment