Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Birthday!

Hard to believe that Craig will be turning 40 soon! Grandma and Craig were born almost exactly 50 years apart... Grandma on February 23rd and Craig on February 24th.

Below is the invitation for the party, I've rented tables, chairs, linens, and will be having it catered. Initially, I was going to attempt to keep it surprise, but it's just too hard to plan all of this without his input.


I'm not one of (air quotes) those people (end air quotes) that decorates with black balloons that read, "40" on them. I find it a bit distasteful. Not that there is anything wrong with (air quotes) those people (end air quotes)... who choose to belittle and make fun of the person who is aging... it's just not how I roll.


Anyway, the fact that our new dining set hasn't arrived actually worked in my favor. According to my sketches and calculations, I can fit 20 people (5 tables w/four chairs each) into the formal dining room (as opposed to 12 around the new table). The server is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, we'll use that for the bar. I am so excited to see how everything comes together, I will definitely be taking lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Mad Mama 7:59 PM  

Happy Birthday Craig!

Anonymous,  9:13 AM  

Love the classy invitations. And I REALLY like the quote you used. I agree that making a 40th party a celebration like it should be is much nicer. Just means he's had 40 years to enjoy life.