Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grandma's Birthday Party

She is 90 years old and as beautiful as ever!

I was taking a lot of photographs when I asked her if it made her uncomfortable. She replied, "yes." I said, "too bad!" LOL

My Grandma and my angel.

I don't know what it is about this photograph, but I love it.



Grandma loves football, so it was very exciting to her that the Steelers won the Superbowl.


Dorothy Jean, Sylvia Jean, Heather Jean, and Ella Jean. And all of us have blue eyes!


She was so surprised when my uncles arrived. Mom is one of eight brothers and sisters... her four sisters live locally and her three brothers live out of town.


Funny thing is that my mom's brothers are very adventurous. They like to take exotic, exploration-type vacations together. I believe they are headed to the Amazon this year. They camp, hike, and carry everything that they need with them. Sounds interesting, but if it means sleeping on the ground with exotic bugs, then it is not for me. Conversely, mom and her sisters like to stick close to home.

I was happy to see that Grandma was feeling much better since her recent fall.


Prayer before dinner, we have a lot to be thankful for.


This is the newest member to our ever-expanding brood. Cole is being held by Aunt Nancy (who is known for snatching up the youngest child she can find and cuddling them endlessly).

This is Gracie, my cousin Jennie's youngest, with Ella. When I took this picture, I said to Uncle Rodney, "look it's a miniature Jennie and a miniature Heather." (Both of them look exactly like us). To which he replied, "scary."

My mom asked everyone to say a few words to Grandma, and as a result, there was a lot of a laughter.


And a lot of tears.


Followed by more laughter.

And more tears.


And even more laughter.


With even more tears.


But in the end, the laughter won, and it was a glorious evening.

Happy Birthday Grandma, we love you so much!!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  2:13 PM  

That was beautiful Heather! Thank you so much for documenting the party for us. It was a very special time.

mom of 4 boys! 2:15 PM  

You know Heather, I don't even know your grandma, but looking at your pics and dialogue made me teary eyed. Your family will cherish all of the photos you take of your family for years to come. They are so lucky to have you in the family to document such occasions - be it an official occasion or just an impromptu picture.

Joanne Bartone 10:42 PM  

you are NOT going to believe this...4th photo from top, b/w one that you love, i SWEAR is a photo of my grandmother that i have! you and i? we truly must have been separated at birth!
xo, J.