Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7 Months Old!

***We interrupt vacation pictures for an important boy boy announcement.***

Boy boy turned 7 months old on Sunday and today he crawled for the first time! He has been scootching everywhere, but he figured out how to get up on his hands and knees and move forward. Too friggin cute!!

In light of his newfound ability to explore, I had to start him in daycare, today was his first day. I have been struggling to keep up with my work since he was born, but it's getting more difficult now that he can get himself into trouble. And for those of you that think I have it so good because all I have to do is take pictures one day a week, think again. I am responsible for the following:

client relations, emails, phone calls
image processing (2,000 per week)
album design
web design
marketing
invoicing/receiving
Quickbooks
shipping
promotional materials
vendor relations
computer hardware/software
products

Managing your own business is a 24x7 job. Luckily, I love what I do, so it doesn't feel like work, but it still needs to get done. I know that there are people out there that judge persons like myself who work from home but still put their children in daycare. But if you really want to perform your job well, you can't do it with the kiddos around. I tried working in the evenings when Craig got home, but then we didn't have any family time. I tried working at night, but I'm too exhausted. I tried working during naps, but they only last an hour (if I'm lucky).

Anyway, not the point, boy boy had a great day and made several new friends. Check him out chillin' in the back seat.

0 comments: