Vacation 09
So there has been an uprising in our family, a rebellion of sorts. We used to always go to the beach, but for some reason, everyone has become anti-beach and will only agree to a lake vacation. I love the beach, but ok, I'm flexible and since dealing with sand and a baby isn't on the top of my priority list, I'll go for it (for now).
We've started looking at different lakes and the homes available, but it seems as if dad and I may have slightly different taste... as illustrated below.
Oh wait!! I just had a great idea. Since everyone wants the lake vacation, we will continue to take lake vacations IF someone will watch the kiddos so that Craig and I can go on a private beach vacation periodically. Seems fair, doesn't it?
Anyway, we are looking for a lake with activities such as boat rental that is less than 8 hours driving distance. Anyone have any ideas? We are not the type of people to go to the same vacation spot year after year after year. In fact, I really can't understand that thinking when there are at least a bazillion places to see in the United States. Sure, we have our favorite spots, but how do you know that you're not missing out on a new favorite? It's like I tell Ella... you should try all the new food that you can because you just might discover something that you love (she's a very good eater, btw).
Check out Lake Anna, it's in Virginia and is almost three times the size of Deep Creek and not as commercial (which means it's less expensive).
0 comments:
Post a Comment